Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Can A Sista Get Some Food?

Yesterday they got the green light from the surgeon to attempt feedings through the feeding tube in her belly. Things didn't go too well. But not because of Kali. The tube the doctor put in for her feedings is actually something they use as a long term IV in adults. He kind of just made this thing just for her. So because it is something no one has used for this purpose, no one really knows how to get it work the way they need it to. So today they tried again and failed again. This time they wasted breast milk which really irritated me. I have plenty but that was the good stuff. So we are patiently waiting for them to figure it out so she can get to growing!
Otherwise she is doing great. She is pretty jaundice and they are trying to determine why that is. They are hoping once she begins to get feedings it will help decrease her levels and start improving that issue. In the meantime they have restarted a medicine that she was on before to help breakup some of the bilirubin and help her get rid of it through other ways.
There is some talk about her maybe coming off of the ventilator tomorrow. We are trying not to get too excited about it but we are hopeful! Everyone thinks that she will do really well off of it. I am so excited to see her face with out the tape and the tube.

Continue praying!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tracy it's Frank from work!

    Karen told me about the blog yesterday, and I've caught up on all of the posts that I've missed...

    I just wanted to say that you and family and your great gift from god are in my prayers and I'll be keeping watch for any updates.

    God bless you and your family!

    -Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tracey...Kali is so strong. She gets prettier with every picture you take!

    I will continue to pray for her!

    Love ya!
    Malonie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey,
    you both look beautiful, your picture with Kali brought tears to my eyes. Both of you have strength and determination I could not imagine all my love and prayers,
    Jenn F

    ReplyDelete