Monday, May 4, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend and Great Start to the Week




Kali's weekend was wonderful! She has been recovering very well, nothing like the last surgery. She had to be on a medication that helps keep her blood pressure up, but otherwise has been doing great. That medicine is actually stopped now and they have her ventilator settings really low so she may soon come off of that. Today they started feeding her through the tube that goes into her stomach, this will only be temporary until her belly is ready for feedings the real way.
They weighed her yesterday, the first time in over 2 weeks, and she now weighs 3 pounds 2 ounces. They are not sure if that is fluid weight or a real gain, but either way she looks great!
Also, today I got to do something that I have not done since the 2 seconds I was able to in the delivery room........

Photobucket Photobucket
I only was able to hold her for a couple of minutes but it was great! It was also a little scary because of the breathing tube and I kept on watching the numbers on the monitor to make sure she was ok. It was so nice to be able to see her and snuggle her up close.
So today was a very big day! She is doing very well and is continuing to surprise everyone who has cared for her. Please pray that she continues on this path to recovery!

8 comments:

  1. thrilled to hear the progress! also, very happy to see your smiling face holding that beautiful bundle!! continued prayers for the steady improvements.
    karen d

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy and so beautiful. What a wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! What a beautiful photo! Absolutely wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww!!!, Tracey I have tears in my eyes seeing you and your baby girl together! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to see that you got to hold her!! I am so glad things have been going well; she is a beautiful baby!
    Theresa P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is there's nothing more beautiful than a new mom holding her baby for the first time! Give her lots of kisses and hugs from SC!! We love you all!!
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw you holding Kali. It was a beautiful sight to behold. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. I do know this - that little girl is a strong fighter just like her mama. My family and church are praying for Kali and your family. Stay strong. Love ya, Sheila N

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only imagine how wonderful that must have been to hold her after waiting so long!

    ReplyDelete