Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You Know What They Say!


Sometimes I believe that moms really do know everything. I passed my theory along to the doctor about why Kali's jaundice was creeping back up and why she was requiring more oxygen. They heard me out, made some adjustments with how they were doing things, corrected her medication dosage, and we have had some improvement. Seriously, if I am going to be using my brain to fix things then I definitely want to be put on the payroll while I am there (and not as a nurse)!
Kali is getting there. She is growing so much and is starting to do things that developmentally she was not doing before. Which I see as a great sign as far as potential brain injury from the bleed is concerned. It's just little things that are big to us, like trying to put her hand in her mouth, opening her mouth when her bottom lip or chin is stroked, looking in the direction of our voices. It is amazing!



Unfortunately I feel the need to share bad news about our friend Amani, who I asked for prayers for in my previous post. The infection that he had was meningitis. It over took his poor little body and he passed away this afternoon. It is a devastating loss for his parents and the rest of their family who loved him dearly. It is just tragic the sudden change the infection brought and the outcome. Please pray that his mother, and the rest of the family, find peace. Such a beautiful angel, in his short life you could feel the love he had from his family. They are just amazing people and my heart breaks for all of them.

1 comment:

  1. I believe strongly in Mother's (parent's) intuition. Nobody knows or cares about our babies more than we do. All the time we spend thinking about them does generate some great ideas!

    I'm so sorry to hear the other news. Many prayers of comfort and peace for Amani's family.

    ReplyDelete