Monday, May 25, 2009

Sick Babies


Before I update on our precious Kali I would like to add some prayer requests. There are 2 little babies that I know of, beside Kali, who really need some! Little Amani (his mother and family are people that I have known for more than half of my life and they have always been so good to me) is really sick. He was born about 5 weeks early, on the 8th, and now has an infection. He was doing really well and this came on suddenly. Please pray that the infection clears soon and leaves him completely healthy and ready to go home with his mom and dad!
Next is little Pearlnayshia (Pearl). She is Kali's neighbor in the NICU. She is a little miracle, born when her mom was 25 weeks pregnant back in March. She has battled a lot in her life and was doing really well. She went for surgery the other day on her eyes to correct a problem related to her prematurity, and now is having trouble coming off of the ventilator. Up until her surgery she was breathing on her own and doing pretty well. Please pray that she recovers soon and is able to be free from the vent!
And finally our little Kali girl. Our little friend lost a few ounces last night and her levels they check for her jaundice have bounced upwards again. The doctor said it could be just a blip and that hopefully her numbers will start to trend down again. I have theory of why it went up that I will discuss with him the morning and hopefully it will help. She is now on a complete breast milk diet, no longer receiving IV nutrition. She is doing OK with it but could do better. Hopefully when she starts tolerating it more her numbers go down. I am trying to stay positive and hope that things start to improve.
I was able to hold our little angel today, which makes it the 6th time. She is a little over 6 weeks old and usually by this time after you have a new baby you lose track of how many times you have held them. I'm just glad I can count the number of times on more than one hand now.
I apologize if the tone of my post today is depressing and sad but today was a trying day for me. I am staying positive though and thinking good thoughts for my girl and her little NICU buddies. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day for us all!
Please remember us in your prayers tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I will add them to my prayers tonight. It's very hard when you get to know the families in the NICU and their little ones have a rough time, especially when your angel is doing well and theirs have a bad day. Keep your faith strong. We love you!
    Uncle Chip, Aunt Michelle, Brianna and Garrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for all the NICU fighters.

    ReplyDelete