Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meeting


So the meeting didn't give us any medical reason as to why Kali left us so soon and so quickly. They have some "theories" as to what it could have been but aren't to convinced on any of them. They thought maybe a blood clot in her lung, maybe an infection (which was ruled out), or maybe her heart had just worked to hard for too long and gave out. They also said that an autopsy probably would not have been helpful anyway so it's not a big deal that we chose not to do one.
In the end the result is the same. Our girl is gone and we don't know why. It sounds silly to say that we don't know why when she had so much wrong but she was doing SO good for so long that no one expected this.
During the meeting there were tears, mostly from me but also from the doctors. I could tell that Kali really touched their lives, even though they still can't pronounce her name correctly ;). We gave them "In Memory" pictures that 2 friends of mine had made and also the prayer card from the funeral. They really seemed to appreciate it.
So at the end of the day my heart still hurts for the loss of my baby girl but I am not angry (which is very important to me). Everything that good be done for our girl was done. We were supported by them with every tough decision we made and she received great care. My daughter had the best shot possible of coming home with us. This situation just proves to me that no matter how hard we try, things like this are out of our hands. There is someone bigger than all of us out there and things go by his plan and nobody elses.

I'd like to use this post to promote a group I organized on Facebook for Kali. So Facebook users search for the group "For the Love of Kali" for details on how we are going to continue her legacy and let her memory live on.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment