Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow is most likely going to be the day of Kali's first surgery. They are planning to do it in the afternoon, as long as an emergency doesn't come in and take her spot in the OR. They are planning to close the connection between her esophagus and trachea. If she is tolerating that they will then try to connect the two parts of her esophagus. If she is still doing ok they will correct the part of her bowel that is either very narrow or blocked completely. Keep her in your prayers tomorrow because this is going to be very risky. We are hoping for the best and trying not to think of the worst.
She has been doing very well on the vent and is just kind of hanging out trying to get bigger and stronger.
This little girl is so tough, stronger than I could ever be. I have all the faith in the world that she will pull through and will be driving us crazy like her big brother and sister already do.
I promise to update tomorrow night or early Friday morning after it is all said and done. Hopefully I will have nothing but good news to report!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tracey,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with Kali and you. She is a fighter. I love her pictures, such an Angel. I can not wait to see her.
    Love Always......Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracey,
    Our Thoughts and prayers are with you and Baby Kali.She is so precious,I cried reading your story it touched me.I want you to know I passed along Baby Kali's name and story on and will be said in mass in many churches we are all praying for her to get stronger and healthier,it will all work out she is a gift from God.I love you,I'm here for you.Keep us posted on how things go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers being said for Kali's surgery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Brenda & LindsayApril 16, 2009 at 10:22 AM

    Good Morning Tracey,

    We just wanted to let you know that we are all thinking about you and Kali today. Signs are posted here at work and everyone is concerned and praying for you guys! We love you and are here for you always! Stay strong and God will give you and Kali strength to make it through this difficult time. Keep us posted!!

    Love, Lindsay, Kathy & Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for little Kali and your family! We love you guys! Nicki (Yuku Auntie & Nicholas )

    ReplyDelete